Edwards Family Recipe Box

The Edwards Family invites you to pop open their recipe box and enjoy their favorite recipes!









Recent Recipes

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Chicken and Broccoli Casserole

By: Jan Peterson


Recipe History:  Got this recipe from Stacy, who says it is her kid's favorite dish.  I just tried it this week and it is delicious! I'm posting her recipe and my version which is for a smaller amount.

Stacy's Recipe:

Ingredients:
1 pound chicken breast
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1 large bag of frozen broccoli
3/4 cups bread crumbs
1/2 stick margarine or butter
1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese
 
Directions:
  •  Grill chicken (outdoor grill, George Foreman, or pan grill).
  • Slice chicken thinly once cooked. 
  • Mix 1/2 of the cheese with, the soup, broccoli and chicken. 
  • Place into baking dish. 
  • Sprinkle the other 1/2 of the cheese mixture over the mixture in dish. 
  • Melt the butter and mix it with the bread crumbs – sprinkle on top. 
  • Bake at 350 for one hour uncovered.

Jan's Version:

I altered the recipe to create a smaller casserole and calculated the WW pts. using these ingredients.  Here's my version that makes 5 servings. Stacy said she calculated a serving with a similar pts. value.
WW Pts +: 6 per serving

Ingredients:
8 oz. Chicken breast
1 can 98% fat free Cream of Chicken Soup
1 14 oz. bag frozen broccoli
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 stick margarine or butter
3/4 cup low fat Mozzarella
1/4 cup low fat Parmesan Cheese (deli grated)

I used Parmesan cheese in addition to the Mozzarella cheese to keep the fat low and because I like the taste. I mixed the two together and then put half in the casserole and half on top. Same baking directions.

Tips:
Stacy likes it over egg noodles, and I did too!

No comments:

Post a Comment